Why would I be drinking this rich Chocolate Nut Butter Smoothie right after spending a week visiting with my parents? Well, because it is hiding a LOT of spinach and is completely, totally good for me. (I might have over indulged a bit!) There is no added sweetener here – except whole, frozen bananas. Rich, delicious, and full of all the leafy greens that I didn’t eat enough of while I was kicked back watching my parents chase my 3 kids! Pass the smoothie please! I need to stock up on the green leafy things before the next trip.
Looking for more smoothies to hid healthy green things in? Check out this Blueberry Banana Smoothie! Looking for more healthy ways to eat chocolate for breakfast? Check out these Cinnamon Chocolate Overnight Oats and these Whole Wheat Chocolate Muffins!
This smoothie recipe is for 2 people. Or for me and my two toddlers. Or for my teenage daughter – all by herself – after sports.
- 2 whole ripe, frozen bananas
- 2 cups milk dairy, coconut milk, or almond milk all work well
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, organic cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp single-ingredient almond or peanut butter
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Add more or less milk to reach your desired thickness.