Quiche muffins are light, fluffy, and perfectly bite-sized! Made with eggs, bell pepper, spinach, chicken, and cheese, they are easy to prepare and ready to eat in just 35 minutes.
Mini Quiche Muffins are simple — and delicious!
I’m always on the lookout for easy and quick breakfast ideas. Mornings can be so hectic in my house, especially during the week. Having something on hand that I can grab and go can make all the difference.
My lemon cranberry scones, healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies, and jam and oat bars are all tasty — and portable! I’ve been looking to add a savory breakfast option to the mix, which is where these crustless quiche muffins come in handy!
Why you will love this Quiche Muffins recipe
- Full of simple and nutritious ingredients that my whole family loves.
- Easy to put together and bake.
- Crustless quiche muffins are made — you guessed it — without a crust, which makes them lighter.
- They are an excellent way to meal prep for the week, as this recipe yields 12 mini quiche cups.
- You can easily adapt this recipe to your liking and play around with the filling ingredients. I love the idea of making them with spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese — that’s just an example!
How to make perfect Quiche Muffins
Prep your space & pre-cook mini quiche filling. Preheat your oven to 35O degrees F. Place a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Allow to heat, then add the chopped onion and diced pepper. When they are almost tender, add the spinach and allow it to wilt. Then, add the cooked chicken. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Assemble the quiche cups. Add the eggs and cheese to a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Then, add the veggie and chicken mixture and stir.
Bake. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or a bit of melted butter. Divide the mini quiche filling evenly among the 12 muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!
- You can store your quiche cups in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for 3-4 days.
- Make this recipe on a Sunday evening so that you have an easy-to-grab breakfast for the week!
- You can also freeze this recipe in order to extend its shelf life. Quiche muffins will last for up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
- I also like to enjoy these for lunch. I typically pair a few of them with a fresh salad (I love this roasted beet salad with goat cheese and shallot vinaigrette) or a side of extra veggies (like sautéed kale or sautéed sugar snap peas and asparagus).
Frequently asked Questions about Mini Quiche
How do you keep mini quiches from sticking?
I recommend that you use a non-stick cooking spray on each individual muffin tin to prevent sticking. You can also use butter or a bit of coconut oil! Otherwise, consider lining the tins with parchment paper or reusable silicon liners.
How do you know when mini quiche muffins are done?
Your individually-sized quiches shouldn’t take longer than about 25 minutes to bake. That said, every oven is different. You can also use the knife or toothpick trick to check for doneness. Simply insert either into the center of a few of the quiche cups. If it comes out clean, they’re finished baking!
Are frittatas crustless quiche muffins?
They are essentially the same things, although not all frittatas are small in size. Traditional quiche always features a crust, while frittatas do not. Some frittatas are large — you should make them in a large cast-iron skillet for best results — while others are bite-sized, like this recipe.
Quiche Muffins are a protein packed mix of eggs, spinach, and chicken for a healthy and fast breakfast.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 5 eggs large
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium skillet on medium heat, add oil. Then add the onion and pepper. When the onion and pepper are soft and almost cooked, add the spinach to wilt. Last add the cooked chicken.
Set aside skillet ingredients to cool.
In a medium-sized bowl add the eggs, cheese and milk. Whisk together.
Add vegetable and chicken mixture to the egg mixture.
Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and pour in egg mixture 3/4 full.
Bake for 25 min.