If you’re a fan of hot ham and cheese sandwiches then you’re going to love these hot ham and cheese rolls.
The delightful taste of melted cheese with the texture of ham placed between pizza dough to mimic the hot pocket sandwiches from your childhood.
Not only are these hot ham and cheese rolls delicious, but they work well as an appetizer or light lunch for your next family gathering.
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich
I’m always on the lookout to make some of our favorite meals quicker and easier. Not only are these ham and cheese rolls relatively easy to make, but they’re a great way to feed the family a quick meal during a busy day.
I love that I can swerve these scrumptious rolls for lunch or dinner, and my family is perfectly happy!
Make Ahead Sandwiches You Can Keep Warm
Need to keep sandwiches warm for a family meal or party? Use your crockpot to keep your hot ham and cheese rolls warm.
Line your slow cooker with a sheet of aluminum foil and layer sandwiches in a single layer on the bottom, add another layer of aluminum foil and another layer of sandwiches. Set your slow cooker to warm and they will stay warm for hours without burning.
I love making these ahead on nights when my kids have extracurricular activities. I can have them ready and warm for a quick meal before the next activity — or I can keep them warm in the slow cooker until we get home.
My favorite way to serve them is with this Fresh Tomato Soup. The ham and cheese sandwiches are perfect for dipping!
The best ham and cheese sandwich ever!!!!
- 2 Tubes refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ Cup Mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp Yellow mustard
- 8 oz Sliced deli ham
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp milk
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the mayonnaise and mustard and set aside.
- Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper on the counter.
- Open one container of dough and unroll it onto the parchment paper, then use a rolling pin to roll it out to about 14x10 inches with the long edge facing you. (You don’t have to be precise)
- Spread half the mayonnaise mixture over the dough, then layer half the ham over the dough, then sprinkle half the cheese over the entire thing.
- Make sure the long edge is facing you and then, using your parchment paper, fold the bottom third of the dough up, then peel off the paper. Then fold the top layer of the dough down. Gently press to help seal the seam, then peel back the paper.
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll into 6 pieces and place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving a space of 1-2 inches between rolls.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together and brush over the rolls.
- Place in the oven for approximately 35 min until cheese is bubbly on the edges and tops are golden brown.
- Tips: It is important to use parchment or wax paper for the rolling or you will not be able to fold the dough.
- If you want smaller appetizer style bites, you can roll it up (like cinnamon rolls) and cut into small rolls. Reduce baking time by about 10 minutes.