Honey Sriracha Fries with Crème Fraiche and Chives are spicy and sweet. And so addicting you will want to eat them for dinner instead of as an appetizer.
I should start this whole post with a warning label that we like spicy food. At least my husband and I like spicy food. Once in a while we get a turn and our kids get peanut butter sandwiches.
One of the many things I love about this recipe – in addition to being delicious and addictive – is that it cooks on a single sheet pan. Make enough for yourself or make enough for a crowd. If it fits on a sheet pan, you are good. No complex cooking techniques here. Just quality, whole food ingredients that create fantastic flavor.
Potatoes are a staple at our house. With a family of five, I am always looking for a way to stretch dinner a little farther and leftovers into one more meal. Potatoes are nutritious, flexible, easy to cook and economical. Check out this Unstuffed Baked Potato (my kids favorite!) or this Ham and Egg Hash that will make you LOVE potatoes for breakfast. Or this Fingerling Potato Medley with Onions and Peppers that is an easy side dish but becomes the base for a sheet pan supper or even a filling breakfast.
- 2 lbs Fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lime, for juicing
- 4 oz creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp chives plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. And set the oven rack into the top third of the oven.
- Combine honey, sriracha, the juice from a lime, coconut oil and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When it begins to simmer, turn it down to medium low to keep it warm stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is warming, slice Idaho® potatoes into quarters lengthwise, making "fries." Add fries to a large bowl and pour the sauce over the fries. Toss the fries in the sauce until well coated.
- Add fries to a baking sheet, spreading them out into a single layer. Move the baking sheet to the oven. Cook fries for 30-35 minutes, tossing occasionally so that they cook evenly. Remove from the oven when fries become golden and crisp at the edges.
- While fries are in the oven, combine creme fraiche with 2 tbsps of chives.
- Top warm fries with creme fraiche and chives and serve!