This Orange Cranberry Whole Wheat Bread is really special. In addition to being really delicious, it makes the house smell amazing the whole time it is cooking!
Fall makes everything special. The leaves change, the holiday season comes around, and the food evolves to something fantastic! If you have not tried our White Whole Wheat Bread for the bread maker – it will change your mind about the ease of making fresh bread. And it will change your mind about whole wheat bread in general. White whole wheat flour gives the bread a crusty outside and a soft, tender inside – perfect for butter or jam – all with the ease that comes from using a bread maker.
Orange Cranberry Whole Wheat Bread takes this wonderful bread one step further… a little sweet, a little like fall, a little like breakfast. Don’t forget the butter and jam! That part still works just as well!
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1-2 oranges for zesting I like 2 oranges!!
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, organic
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- Add all ingredients to your bread maker in the order required for your machine and follow bread machines directions for baking. Include the zest from 1 or 2 oranges in with your flour! (I put wet ingredients in first, then dry, and yeast last - some machines require the opposite order so read your instruction manual. My machine has a compartment for fruit and nuts and adds them at the right time. But most machines require that you stop the machine for additions. So read your manual so you know when to add those things.)