Shrimp tacos are a mainstay around here. We live near the coast and are lucky to get fresh shrimp for most of the year. But honestly, they stay on our weeknight menu because they cook fast, have lots of protein, and are always delicious!
We love these Low Country Shrimp and Grits too when we have some extra time for cooking.
Who doesn’t love tacos?! We love them all beef, chicken, fish…
But shrimp cooks in 3 minutes. Yep, you know why we eat a lot of shrimp tacos. LOL! 🙈
You know shrimp is cooked when it turns from translucent to opaque… that means that weird gray color to a pretty pink. But once they turn pink, they are done! Take them off the heat!
How to Make Easy Shrimp Tacos
- We love hard shell and soft shell taco… flour, corn, whatever. Just pick what is easiest for you to prepare and what you know your family will eat!
- Also, make sure you buy your shrimp already deveined and shelled! This may be my least favorite job on the planet.
- I was not being figurative when I said shrimp cooks in 3 minutes. You’ll want to stay with the pan so your shrimp don’t get overcooked.
- I buy bagged shredded cabbage. It is always over by the salad in the produce section.
How to Season Shrimp for Tacos
These shrimp tacos stay pretty family-friendly because we make them so everyone in our family, including the kids can eat them. But it you want to spice them up, try adding chipotle pepper flakes. Chipotle has a savory, smoky heat that is so good with shrimp.
Serve tacos with whatever your family loves and will eat! We always add sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes and salsa on the side. We also like our tacos stacked in different ways – and the make-your-own setting is perfect for us.
We also love this roasted corn with our shrimp tacos! Serve it up like Mexican Street corn with your shrimp tacos!
Looking for more 15 MInute Recipes? Follow this link and we’ll show you what we got!
We love these shrimp tacos! So fresh and delicious and they go on the table in under 15 minutes!
- 1 Pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Cups shredded cabbage
- ½ Cup sour cream
- ½ Medium avocado
- ¼ Cup cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings of choice
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and then add the chili powder, parsley, and salt. Cook until shrimp opaque
- While shrimp is cooking
- Combine sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl, add the avocado dressing and stir to combine.
- Once shrimp is cooked, add some of the cabbage slaw to a tortilla, top with the shrimp and any other toppings you choose.