One of the highlights of our grilling season is this Quick Grilled Salmon and Shrimp. In addition to being really healthy, our whole family loves both salmon and shrimp – and the marinade! We live by the coast so the shrimp is always fresh out of the water – and we love salmon so much that it is always part of our dinner rotation.
In fact, you can find our most loved salmon recipe here. (It takes 5 minutes to prep it and get it in the oven!)
Quick Grilled Salmon and Shrimp
Healthy Grilled Salmon and Shrimp
If you have never grilled salmon before, here are a couple tips you will want to keep in mind:
- Place fillets in a well-greased grill basket to ensure they stay intact
- Turn the fish only once halfway through grilling.
- Check the salmon with a fork in the thickest area, when done, it will be opaque and flakey
- You can also check for doneness with a thermometer. It should read 140 degrees F.
Easy Grilled Seafood
One of the best parts about grilling season is the time we spend together outside by the grill. Our kids stay busy playing outside with us – and without us while we relax by the grill and chat. There is something really special about that time. No television or cell phones. Just hanging out together while the weather is nice.
Quick grilled salmon and shrimp can easily be doubled so you can feed a crowd. I usually serve it with herbed brown rice or quinoa with onions and pinenuts. It is also really fun to throw some corn on the grill as a veggie side. Then the whole dinner happens outside. 🙂
When we have had leftovers, which usually doesn’t happen here – I have served the seafood mixture over salad greens for a nice, light lunch.
Looking for more seafood recipes?
Try this Lowcountry Shrimp and Grits. It is a family favorite!
- 4 pieces salmon
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Mix ingredients marinade ingredients and place in a large ziplock bag or covered bowl Add shrimp and let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium and coat racks with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon with the salt and pepper
- Grill salmon for about 4 - 6 minutes on each side per 1/2 inch thickness or until fish begins to flake.
- While salmon is grilling, heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and pour shrimp and marinade in the pan and cook until shrimp is pink.
- Arrange salmon and shrimp on a plate and serve over rice or gain of your choice.