I have a love affair with green beans. It is because of my freezer and Tomato and Smoked Pepper Jam. I take my green beans out of the freezer, let them thaw. Saute them with butter and toss them with a little Tomato Jam. The end.
Best green beans ever.
If you don’t know how to preserve green beans for your freezer, you really should give it a try here. It is so easy and all subsequent meals have No Prep Work, which is the part of cooking that takes forever.
If you haven’t tried Tomato and Smoked Pepper Jam, it is also fantastically easy and gives an awesome smoky kick to vegetables!
- 1 quart green beans, washed, trimmed and blanched
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Tomato and Smoked Pepper Jam
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter in the pan. Add green beans and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until tender crisp.
- Add Tomato and Smoked Pepper Jam and toss until beans are well coated. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!