Finding good crochet patterns for beginners was a must when I was first got started. I learned as a child, and when I reconnected with the skill later in life, it took some easy patterns for me to get my crochet brain working again!
Crochet Patterns for Beginners
When you first begin crocheting, it can feel like a lot to learn. Don’t jump into a complicated pattern. Look for simple stitches that repeat in order to master basic skills. As simple as a chain stitch may be, learning to keep it even and not to make the stitches too tight takes practice to master.
As much as you can read about crochet, you have to do it to learn it.
Easy Crochet Patterns to Get You Started
One of the first projects I completed was this easy crochet blanket. I love it because it uses only double crochet stitches and makes the same pattern for the whole blanket. By the time I got to the end of the blanket, I felt like I had a good handle on double crochet blankets!
Look for repeating stitches, simple patterns, and not a lot of color changes unless you are using a variegated yarn that changes the color for you! Focus on learning the basics and then add one thing to master at a time. Look for baby hats, scarves, rosettes, dishcloths, coasters –> and when you are ready to begin crocheting sweaters and clothing, look for the simplest places to start!
Beginner Crochet Patterns to Try
- Lolly-Poms Easy Ribbed Crochet Beanie from 1dogwoof.com
- Ruffled Edge Polka Dot Crochet Afghan from dreamalittlebigger.com
- Easy, Chunky Crochet Sweater from makeanddocrew.com
- Easy Blanket Cardigan Crochet Pattern from hearthookhome.com
- Crochet Pineapple Earrings And Pins from persialou.com
- Free Easy Rose Crochet Pattern from skiptomylou.org
- Easy Crochet Dish Cloth Pattern from flamingotoes.com
- Easy Crochet Dish Towel Pattern from midwesternmoms.com
- Easy Peasy Pompom Crochet Coasters from repeatcrafterme.com
- Teddy Bear Crochet Baby Hat from busycreatingmemories.com
More Crochet Patterns to Try
- Crochet Wrap Clutch from whistleandivy.com
- Easy Crochet Coasters Pattern For Beginners from sustainmycrafthabit.com
- All Double Crochet Afghan from kristineinbetween.com
- Simple & Quick Bunny Crochet Pattern from sparklesofsunshine.com
- 4 Quick And Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns from petalstopicots.com
- Simple Crocheted Bracelet from scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com
- Make Your Own Simple Double Crochet Cowl from gatheringbeauty.com
- Easy And Fast Hand Crochet Pouf Pattern from flaxandtwine.com
- Easy Crochet Ripple Blanket from thestitchinmommy.com
- Trendy Beginner Crochet Boot Cuffs from musthavemom.com