Skillet cakes for dessert make everyone smile! No matter your dessert preference, there is a skillet cake for you. It is a fun way to liven up the post-dinner conversation! Chocolatey or fruity, the two things skillet cakes have in common are their unexpected fun and the fact that cleanup is pretty easy since it cooks in the skillet instead of dirtying a bunch of dishes. No worrying about fussy layers or perfect frosting here.
Skillet cakes are so fun
I first fell in love with the whole idea of a skillet cake when I learned to make brownies in the skillet <— you have to try this one! But we also love Pineapple Upside Down Cake. If you have never made one, you should try it. Though some recipes call for you to cook the pineapples then transfer them to a baking dish before covering them with the cake batter, this cake lends itself perfectly to baking in a skillet. You just brown the pineapples in brown sugar and butter, pour the cake batter in and transfer it straight to the oven. The heat from the skillet really caramelizes the pineapple and sugar… and I love the crispy edges of the finished cake.
Fruity or Chocolate? Such a Tough Choice!
I am a serious chocolate lover. My husband is a fruit dessert guy. We divide our kids equally – which is tough considering we have 3 kids but one will eat anything. Though despite my love for chocolate, I really love the Peach Thyme skillet cake below. And the Pumpkin Pecan… is pumpkin a fruit, or is it a vegetable?? And of course, pineapple upside down skillet cake is perfection.
For years I have made peach cobbler in a large, deep skillet. So collecting recipes that received the same wow at the table as piping hot peach cobbler has been a long time goal. (I’m from the south y’all. Good peach cobbler is a thing…)
Skillet Cake Recipes to Try
- Applesauce Raisin Skillet Cake from runningtothekitchen.com
- Cinnamon Roll Skillet Cake from chelseasmessyapron.com
- Applesauce Skillet Pancake Cake from fitfoodiefinds.com
- Almond Skillet Cake from foodfanatic.com
- Chocolate Fudge Skillet Cake from getinspiredeveryday.com
- Chocolate Velvet Skillet Cake from nospoonnecessary.com
- Strawberry Almond Skillet Cake from wellplated.com
- Sweet Potato Skillet Cake from spicysouthernkitchen.com
- Peach Thyme Skillet Cake from mybakingaddiction.com
- Chocolate Stout Skillet Cake from chocolatemoosey.com
More Skillet Cakes
- Black Forest Skillet Brownie Cake from crumbkitchen.com
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Vanilla Skillet Cake from floatingkitchen.net
- Blueberry Skillet Cake Recipe from bsugarmama.com
- Spiced Orange Pear Skillet Cake from fareisle.com
- Blueberry & Ricotta Skillet Cake from camillestyles.com
- Easy Skillet Cranberry Cake Recipe from sugarandsoul.co
- Pumpkin Pecan Skillet Cake from recipegirl.com
- Carolina Skillet Cake from cantstayoutofthekitchen.com
- Strawberry Peach Skillet Cake from lifemadesimplebakes.com
- Pineapple Upside Down Skillet Cake from cookiedoughandovenmitt.com
Isadora Guidoni says
It’s been a while since I last heard or saw anything about skillet cakes. Such an underrated dessert idea!