Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums is our favorite party drink in the summer. Nothing says August in Georgia like cooling off with a spicy, sweet drink.
It is August. And while many of us are thinking back to school, those of us that live in the South are also bracing ourselves for the hottest month of the year. August in my hometown of Savannah, Georgia is the hottest, most humid month of all. So hot that the community pool becomes a daily routine. Now the pool water is almost too warm – feeling like bath water instead of crisp and cool. But splashing in the pool is a welcome change from the humidity that settles over you like a hot blanket as soon as you walk outdoors. In the immortal words of my teenage daughter: “at least it washes the sweat off.”
Yep, Savannah is that hot in August.
When the Sunday Supper Movement set a theme for Pool Parties this week, I immediately started thinking how to stay cool at the pool… so I don’t roast the most! (Okay that one was a stretch, I know.)
Every Friday night, lots of the families in our neighborhood head to the pool with all their kids and their coolers. It is a lot of fun to sit around chatting with neighbors and letting our kids all play together. This Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums is perfect for that kind of neighborhood impromptu party. Easy to put together. Enough to share. Delicious. And one of my favorite parts, is spooning out all of the fruit and picking out pieces to eat when the Sangria is all gone.
It only follows reason that when I throw sweet Georgia Peaches in my Sangria, Ginger Liqueur will follow. Sweet, in season plums make a nice addition with beautiful color and flavor. They are also incredibly tasty when they soak up the ginger and peach flavor!
So go whip up some Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums and enjoy your pool party! I promise your neighbors will want some – but you are not going to want to share.
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
Tempting Desserts and Sweets: