Rich broth and fresh pasta make Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine a dinner perfect for guests. It also cooks fast enough for a delicious family meal on a weeknight.
Living near the Georgia Coast, we love to serve clams, oysters and shrimp when friends and family visit. Savannah is part of the Low Country. And we go clamming for fun as an excuse to play near the water. These Clams and Roasted Red Pepper Linguine are so easy and fast and the resulting taste is so rich and delicious, it would fit just right on your best china or on your favorite paper plate the next time you invite everyone over to watch the game! So get ready for your next homegating party with #MezzettaHomegating and their #MostValuablePepper.
Mezzetta helps this recipe go together quickly enough to serve a crowd! Their Roasted Red Peppers are always in my fridge for pastas, pizza toppings, and even to mix into hummus. Forget tailgating, when you live where I do, we love homegating with lots of good food! Mezzetta is all about homegating this season with a contest to get you excited your next party.
Here are the details:
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
Requirements for Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Expires: January 26th, 2016
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.
Just follow this link to enter the contest!
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 2 pounds fresh clams tightly closed and scrubbed clean
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 jar Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1 cup white wine
- fresh parsley and lots of Parmesan cheese
Cook linguine just shy of al dente in well salted water. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, drizzle olive oil in a large, heavy pan with a lid like a Dutch oven and sit over medium heat. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add sliced shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook for one minutes, stirring often to prevent the garlic from burning.
Add diced Roasted Red Peppers and stir to combine.
Add clams and white wine, stir to combine. Then cover with the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the clams open up. Any clams that do not open should be discarded.
Add pasta, toss to combine and simmer an additional 2-3 minutes to allow it to absorb the flavor.
Top with lots of parsley and Parmesan cheese to serve!