A peachy twist to fruit pizza, this Peach Maple Mascarpone Dessert Pizza is the perfect dessert to enjoy any time you want a sweet end to a family meal.
Peaches show up at our farmers market around May every year. Everyone buzzes around the farmer’s markets looking for them until they show up in heaps. That may have something to do with where I live but I look forward to it every year. For me, they symbolize the summer more so than the weather. Those of us who live where peaches are abundant, know to freeze them for when the weather cools because nothing tastes better than a little hint of summer in the middle of winter.
When Gallo Family Vineyards invited us to do a post for National Pizza Month, I must have been craving peaches because cooking with my favorite fruit was all I could think about. So I was destined for fruit pizza.
We are pizza connoisseurs at our house. It is a long standing Friday night tradition. When I started testing fall fruit pizza recipes, my 3 daughters were more than happy to line up and have a slice. And another slice. We might have had Peach Maple Mascarpone Pizza twice for dinner instead of dessert. There might have been an apricot version too. Oddly, no one complained. #bloggerproblems
One of the reasons I love pizza night is that everyone seems the most relaxed on Friday. After a long work or school week, it seems like everyone exhales on Friday night. Pizza helps. Don’t ask me why. But reaching over each other for another slice seems significantly less important than a weeknight meal where we tell our kids to ask and pass, not reach.
I knew the recipe was right when I walked in the kitchen to find my family laughing and talking around the kitchen island, noshing on Peach Maple Mascarpone Pizza. My oldest daughter had poured milk for herself and her sisters. And my husband had opened a bottle of Gallo Family Chardonnay. The Chardonnay goes really well with the creamy, sweetened mascarpone. For dishes that are heartier, we like the Gallo Family Pinot Noir. It goes well with the flavors of slow cooked, fall meals.
If you like this Peach Maple Mascarpone Pizza, you should also try this summer version – Fresh Fruit Pizza with strawberries, raspberries, kiwi and grapes. Much like this peach version, the sweetest part of the dessert is the fruit.
This Three Cheese Pizza is also to-die-for! The whole wheat crust is homemade, as is the pizza sauce. And we use our favorite blend of cheeses on top, including goat Gouda!
You can find more great ideas to celebrate National Pizza Month at Gallo Family Vineyards. Or find the nearest store that carries the Gallo family of wines with their store finder here. Follow Gallo Family Vineyards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
- Apple Pie Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pizza by Desserts Required
- Peach Maple Mascarpone Dessert Pizza by Whole Food | Real Families
- Apricot Chicken Brie Flatbread Pizza by Feed Me, Seymour
- Autumn Sausage & Sweet Potato Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Balsamic Steak and Arugula Pizza by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Chicken Parmesan Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Chorizo and Roasted Pepper Pizza with Arugula by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Flammkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Fig + Prosciutto Pizza by An Appealing Plan
- Jalapeño Popper White Pizza by Food Done Light
- Meat Lover’s Skillet Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pasta Pizza Pie by Alida’s Kitchen
- Pizza Bagels by Recipe for Perfection
- Portuguese Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Pesto Pizza by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Corn Pizza by Brunch with Joy
- Sauerkraut and Meatball Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Sausage and Ricotta Naan Pizza by Casa de Crews
- Thai Chicken Pizza by The Redhead Baker
Also Featured: Simple Tips for Wine Cheese Pairings plus Pizza Recipes #SundaySupper with Gallo Family Vineyards.
Need more ideas for celebrating National Pizza Month? Check out Gallo Family Vineyards’ blog.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- 1 sheet puffed pastry look for a high quality brand with no preservatives
- 3/4 cup homemade granola or substitute your favorite store brand
- 2 small bags frozen peaches or fresh
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 12 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp peach jam or apricot jam
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Follow the package instructions to bake your puffed pastry until deeply golden brown. I like to roll and tuck the sides, crimping the sides with my fingers, to create a pizza crust like appearance. Allow the crust to cool completely.
- Add peaches to a boiler over medium heat. Add maple syrup and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook until the peaches are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated. About 8-10 minutes.
- While peaches are cooking, whip the Mascarpone with maple syrup, peach jam, and cinnamon with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the Mascarpone layer on to the pizza evenly, top with warm peaches and then granola. Serve warm and enjoy!