Oatmeal Apple Raisin Breakfast Cookies are delicious and healthy. Perfect for breakfast on the go!
This recipe was submitted to us by our close friends and fellow bloggers, Jamie and Jamison Rantz. (We bloggers have to stick together!) Check out their family DIY blog at Rogue Engineer and download free building plans for your home and garden. One of the things I love the most about Jamie and Jamison – and their blog – is that they believe in teaching their kids that they are strong and smart and can learn to do things themselves. (If you look at their blog, you’ll see what I mean!)
I mentioned to Jamie that I needed some breakfast and snack recipes for my blog and suddenly this recipe appeared in my email. Now that is a good friend! And these are SO GOOD!
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the warm water and flax seed together and let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes until the flax seed becomes gel-like.
- Stir together the white whole wheat and almond flours, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, banana, coconut oil, flax seed "egg", and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and fold together until the dough has an even consistency, then fold the pecans, raisins, and apples.
- Use coconut oil to grease cookie sheet. Spoon about 2 tbsp of dough on cookie sheet spacing each cookie about ½ inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, cool on wire rack and ENJOY!
- *store cookies in the refrigerator.